Most users are unaware of:
- A browser. The hit the blue button. Safari for Apple Mac OS that claims a “superior performance”
- Mobile operating systems- Apple versus other “generic brands”. They have heard of Android but have no clue what it is.
- Mobile applications that primarily function as glorified browser wrappers.
- Open versus closed source.
- Malware and “vulnerabilities”.
The technology landscape is changing very rapidly and most users have been thrust in the new world. It took me years to understand HTML block codes and subsequently CSS but that’s just one part of the story.
Medicine and technology are getting intertwined and we will have to confront it. The earlier we do, better.